Siersza Coal Mine
It is one of the oldest (it was established in 1861) and, simultaneously, one of the shallowest (the deepest mining level was 350 m underground) coal mines in the Upper Silesian Basin. It operated in Siersza, a district of Trzebinia. In the 1970s, the first Coal Trunk-Line in Europe was built there. It connected Siersza Coal MIne with the Siersza Power Station and enabled the transport of coal to it using conveyor belts. The mine was closed in 1999–2001.