Rymer Coal Mine
It was established on July 1 1896, when the coal fields "Johann Jacob" and "Römer" were disconnected from the Emma Coal Mine. In 1902, it received the name Römer Coal Mine in recognition of the merits of Ferdinand von Römer, a professor of geology and palaeontologist from Wrocław. In 1936, it was changed to Rymer Coal Mine to honour the Silesian Voivode, Józef Rymer. The plant ceased its operation in 1999.