Nowa Ruda Coal Mine
The first mention of mining in the vicinity of Nowa Ruda dates back to the 15th century, but the establishment of the mine itself dates back to 1781. At that time, it was called Ruben Coal Mine, and in 1945 it became Nowa Ruda Coal Mine. In the following years, Przygórze Coal Mine and Jan Coal Mine were incorporated (1948). Jan Coal Mine was renamed Słupiec Coal Mine in 1954, and the reconnection of the mines was in 1971. In 1992 the mine was put into liquidation. Mining finally ceased there in 2000. Today it is part of the Mining Museum in Nowa Ruda, an underground tourist route including a meeting with the mines' ghosts and a ride on an electric train.