Szombierki Coal Mine
One of the legends is that the mine and the district of Bytom originate from Piękna Góra - Schönberg (Beautiful Mountain). The beginnings of the mine date back to 1855, when the first of the mining fields, Hohenzollern, was established. In 1870, four fields were combined (including the Hohenzollern field), and the Paulus-Hohenzollern Coal Mine was established, which operated as a company until 1922. Then the Hohenzollern plant became independent again. In 1929, the Krystyna shaft was opened. In 1945, after Bytom was incorporated into the Republic of Poland, the name of the mine and the shafts were changed. In 1993, the Centrum area was added, and in 1996 the mine liquidation process began. In 2004, the Krystyna shaft was enlisted into the Register of Immovable Properties of the Silesian Voivodeship.