Jan Kanty Coal Mine


In 1920, in Jaworzno, in Niedzielska, the Jan Kanty Coal Mine was opened. During the war, IT was renamed Dachs Coal Mine. After the war, it became the Komuna Paryska Coal Mine and returned to its original name in 1989. It was closed in 2000

An estimated 1,400 girls are not born every year in Armenia due to a rooted preference for male children. The son-bias combined with a lower birth rate, has led to an alarming number of sex-selective abortions. Community activities, various laws and television shows are addressing the issue - with positive results. But is the actual problem being tackled?