PL | EN
Jupiter Coal Mine

Jupiter Coal Mine

Silesia

It was opened in Wojkowice in 1910 due to the initiative of Towarzystwo Górniczo-Przemysłowe Saturn, founded by the owners of the largest textile plants in Łódź. It operated in the years 1912-2000 and was closed in 2006. Many housing estates for its employees, a school and a sports complex were built thanks to the help of that mine.