Wieczorek Coal Mine
The mine is accompanied by the Nikiszowiec housing estates, built for the miners employed in the mine, and Giszowiec, which has become home to the higher-supervision miners. The coal mine was established in 1883 on the previously existing Morgenroth field. Until 1945, it was part of the Giesche company, and the narrow-gauge railway called Balkan connecting the company's assets ran until 1977. The mine was closed in March 2018.