Brzeszcze Coal Mine
It was built in 1903–1906 after the search for coal in that area was initiated by the financier from Kraków, Arnold Chaim de Porada Rapaport. The coal mine became operational in 1907. In 1930, due to the Great Depression, the expansion of the plant, then owned by the State Treasury, was suspended. During the Nazi German occupation, prisoners of the Auschwitz concentration camp worked there at that time. In 2015, the mine was merged with Silesia Coal Mine, and in 2015 it was intended for liquidation (it generated almost PLN 250 net loss per ton!). However, the miners started to protest, and Tauron took over the mine.